i was tagged on wednesday
by my favorite brasilian
and didn't even realise it until
(i fall so behind in the blog M-F)
also, i know that october was the "pink" month
but really, should we limit our support of the research
to find a cure for breast cancer to one month a year?
me thinks not.
so here you are:
missy (who just lost a dear friend to breast cancer)
* One in eight women or 12.6% of all women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.
* Breast cancer risk increases with age and every woman is at risk.
* Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer.
* Seventy-seven percent of women with breast cancer are over 50.
* Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women between the ages of 15 and 54, and the second cause of cancer death in women 55 to 74.
* Risks for breast cancer include a family history, atypical hyperplasia, early menstruation (before age 12), late menopause (after age 55), current use or use in the last ten years of oral contraceptives, and daily consumption of alcohol.
* Early detection of breast cancer, through monthly breast self-exam and particularly yearly mammography after age 40, offers the best chance for survival.
Facts taken from Women’s Health
And now here is the tag and the rules:
1. Put the logo in your blog.<---check
2. Add a link to the person who shared it with you.<---check
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs<---roger that.
4. Add your link to the list of participants below<---not sure how to add all those links
they didn't work when i used the ol' ctrl C = ctrl V maneuver...but colleen has them on her post!! :)
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.<---check.